“I was impressed with the commitment, passion and determination of the GSC staff to improve the chances of young people who come into their care.”
- John Swinney, Depute First Minister
Why work with us?
Join the Good Shepherd Centre in Care, Education, Health & Wellbeing, or Support Services and make a positive difference to the lives of the young people in our care. We are a multi-skilled, energetic and caring team always striving to improve and develop our services. It’s rewarding and challenging work in an inspiring and collaborative environment. Keep checking our current vacancies section, and follow us on twitter where we post all our latest jobs.
“Best staff I have worked with. It was sad to leave.”
- Young person
“We heard of numerous opportunities for staff to take part in various projects and groups aiming to effect positive changes.”
- Care Inspectorate, June 2020
Reward and Recognition
We recognise and reward the commitment our people make to work together towards the best care, education and specialist support the young people who come to stay with us need to fulfil their full potential and build hope for the future. By joining us, you can look forward to a competitive salary and a broad range of employee benefits.
- Competitive salary*
- Pension options
- Life assurance of 3 x salary on joining the pension scheme
- Competitive holidays
- Accrual of Occupational sick pay
- Tax free initiative – e.g. Cycle to work scheme saving tax and national insurance on bicycle purchases
- Lifestyle benefits platform – high street retailer discounts …. (log in to Aon ….. to see the full range of benefits available)
- Employee assistance programme for confidential information, advice, or counselling for life’s daily challenges
- Free onsite parking
- Training and professional development programme
- Support for relevant further education and qualifications
- Career development opportunities
- Free meals if working in Residential Care and during any GSC events or training
- Free Tea and coffee provided
- Access to indoor sports facilities for staff
*The starting salary for Residential Care Workers is dependent on SSSC condition requirements. If you receive an offer, we’ll provide details of your salary with your offer letter. You’ll have time to review it before accepting your offer.
This is an exciting time to join Team GSC as we seek to build on our strong reputation through delivering new ambitious strategic goals.